Taylor Camp Book Released

SOURCE: Brad Parsons (mauibrad@hotmail.com)
SUBHEAD: A different way to live on Kauai. Book documenting Taylor Camp is published and available.



Image above: Roger and Debi in their Taylor Camp home. From the book.  

By John Wehrheim on 21 October 2009 -

The 'Taylor Camp' book is finished! I've attached a photo of the press proof and a large selection of samples of the dust jacket and interior pages so you can get an idea of the quality of the book. Click below for 28 page PDF file (3.3mb): http://www.islandbreath.org/2009Year/2009-10/091022taylorcamp.pdf (best viewed on Mac OSX with Safari) I leave for China to press check the print run tomorrow. If you want a Taylor Camp book [or books...] send me an email reservation while I'm at the printers and I'll divert your orders from the main shipment so you can have them before Christmas.



Image above: Dana and Karma 0utside the Big House at Taylor Camp. From the book.

They're $65 plus $12 shipping--total $72. Anyone who doesn't reserve one before the shipment leaves from China will have to wait until February to get the book from Amazon and/or bookstores etc... After you've reserved a book I'll send an email as soon as we have an estimated time of arrival for your book and give you instructions for placing your order. The books should arrive in late November or early December. To contact John Wehrheim email jwehrheim@pacific-hydro.org

See also:
Island Breath: Historic Film - Taylor Camp 8/30/04
Island Breath: Taylor Camp - 1969-1977 5/14/08

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Debi or Teri Green? I first got to know them in New Jersey and we were friends in California and on Kauai for a long time. My name is Nancy Martin and my email is NMKAUAI@YAHOO.COM. I would love to send some Aloha. Thank you for your help. Nancy

wendysweddings said...

Hey everyone, aloha. My name is Wendy and I was one of the original "hippies", Howard Taylor gave the camp too. I was so excited to see it kept in history. Awesome and thank you for doing this. wendysweddings@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

$72.00?! Anyone who has a connection to Taylor Camp doesn't have that kind of money for a book. lol

Post a Comment