This is important, because while we may not be able to take MONSANTO out of the world just yet, we can start by showing the world these beautiful islands can make the change in denying MONSANTO and all of their harmful products.
Monsanto creates a lot of harmful products that not only harm the environment which sustains our life, but harms our people, and their genetic DNA. They wish to continue making money and being so rich, while they poison thousands of communities, but no amount of money should ever suffice for the suffering of our planet and our people, for generations to come.
Genetic engineering is a radical technology that breaks down genetic barriers between humans, plants and animals.
Once released, these genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can easily spread and interbreed with other organisms, and they are virtually impossible to recall back to the laboratory.
Monsanto provides roughly 90% of GMO seeds in the world. These seeds have been genetically modified to produce their own pesticide or survive repeated spraying of their toxic herbicide Roundup. Monsanto’s GMOs are not designed to increase yields to feed the world, but rather to increase Monsanto’s profits by increasing the use of chemicals such as Roundup and selling their highpriced patented seeds which farmers must buy every year.
Due to the enormous political clout of Monsanto, the American public is being denied the right to know whether their foods are genetically engineered or not. Following is a list of 10 facts about Monsanto and GMOs, and how they can adversely affect your health, local farmers, and the planet.
Ten things you should know about Monsanto:
1. No GMO Labeling Laws in the USA!
2. Lack of Adequate FDA / USDA Safety Testing
3. Monsanto Puts Small Farmers out of Business
4. Monsanto Products Pollute the Developing World
5. Monsanto Blocking Government Regulations
6. Monsanto Guilty of False Advertising & Scientific FRAUD
7. Consumers Reject Bovine Growth Hormone rBGH in Milk
8. GMO Crops Do NOT Increase Yields
9. Monsanto Controls U.S. Soy Market
10. Monsanto's GMO Foods Cause NEW Food Allergies